Sunday, September 6, 2009

Stardate 238609.01

Cadet Anora Manar here, with any luck soon to be Ensign. I guess today is as good a day as any to start keeping this log. The instructors have been trying to convince us that personal logs serve as some kind of therapeutic outlet for our frustrations, so while it isn't required that we keep one, it is definitely strongly recommended. So strongly that it's frowned upon if we don't. Only the Prophets know if this will bring about my salvation today. But I can pray it does.

So as you might have already guessed, today's the big day. In just under an hour, I'll be subjected to the Academy's most grueling tradition - the final exam. The past four years of hardship, studies and academic success mean nothing at all. In the end, everything comes down to this one day. My performance will be evaluated and my graduation approved or denied. I haven't any clue what scenario we'll be presented with, but that's apparently the entire point. We're supposed to react like we would in real life, with no preparation to help us out.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment